Drone Insurance (A Recommendation)

By 11th October 2017Industry

Drone Insurance, every commercial operator has to have cover if conducting services for hire and reward. Its also recommended to have some form of cover if operating a drone for hobby use as do RC modellers.

It is also a requirement from the CAA that insurance is in place or your permission will not be issued or renewed.

As the market is fairly new for this new form of aerial work using drone or SUA there has up until now been little competition in the market. However more companies are starting to emerge that can provide cover with the additional bonus that you can tailor your public liability for the type of work you require. No sense paying over the odds. It maybe that you require £5million cover for areas of work in large city, airport or filming high value object or your filming on a film location. However if its just you and your filming GV’s in remote areas, over water, on top of a mountain where the risks are much lower, then you may want lower public liability cover. So it would be good to increase or decrease the amount of cover depending on the assignment with one call at very reasonable rates.

Having shopped around Skylark Aerial Photography is now using Moonrock Drone Insurance. Simon Ritterband, Managing Director at Moonrock Insurance Solutions can provide such a service and you are speaking one to one with a specialist not a call centre. The purchase of the policy was all on line and the process went without a hitch. Any information required is answered either by phone or email very quickly by Simon. All in all a great service and great value.


We at Skylark Aerial Photography think its very important to have someone who knows your requirements and help you to organise the cover.